Friday, September 22, 2017

The Four Faces of Luciano Catenacci

Luciano Catenacci (a.k.a. Luciano Lorcas or Max Lawrence) is one of my favorite character actors in Italian genre movies of the 60's and 70's. He appeared mostly in poliziotteschi, rarely in gialli, spaghetti westerns or horror movies, I guess his most memorable performances are from the Spencer-Hill comedies, where he often played the main villain. I began to recognize him by seeing him in Odds and Evens, later I found out that in Crime Busters is the gang of the villains completely the same as in the latter Odds and Evens. Bud Spencer beats always the same guys! And it's true. Riccardo Pizzuti is in most of their movies, the same goes for Claudio Ruffini, Sal Borgese or Giancarlo Bastianoni.
Catenacci, still playing bad guys in Italian cinema, has however four different looks, and yet the almost bald with mustache image is the most common one, he looks more menacing without it. Compare:

 I'm an ugly bastard, waiting for the Bud Spencer punch.
Now I'm really a bastard and I don't take any excuses!
You didn't hear me? I'm gonna kill you, you son of a bitch!
Shit, this is REALLY scary!

No comments:

Post a Comment